Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cape Disappointment State Park

Our first night at Cape Disappointment State Park was very relaxing.  Lulled by the sound of the ocean waves, I enjoyed a good night's sleep.  At home I have been on edge ever since our motorhome was broken into, but it's so peaceful and quiet here at the state park that I am finally able to relax.

Dave wrote in his blog about a new cell phone signal extender antenna which we are trying out.  It works!  The signal is still weak and the internet connection through our smartphones is still slow, but at least it's a signal.  No more trips to the library or McDonald's to use their internet. 

Dave and I went for a walk in town (Long Beach, WA) and had lunch at our favorite spot, Hungry Harbor Inn.  Many of the stores are only open on the weekend during the fall and winter.  Even our trip to town was relaxing! 

The driftwood at the park's Waikiki Beach was present as always.  IMG_4685

Cape Disappointment Lighthouse IMG_4684

As Dave mentioned in his blog, we were able to add an extra day onto our stay here.  We'll have to change sites, but we'll still be in our favorite loop.  On Friday we'll move to Elochoman Marina RV Park located in the small town of Cathlamet where Dave will be observing and videoing the varsity football game Friday night. 

Site #7IMG_4688

This site, like many of the sites in this park, is spacious and would be a fun place for children to play.IMG_4689

The new cell booster antenna--believe it or not, it folds up small enough to store.IMG_4690

6 comments:

  1. Glad the antenna is working for your two.

    Your spot is HUGE! Looks like you have some nice privacy also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd generally be out of touch if it weren't for my trucker's antenna and Wilson amplifier. Many of the refuges that I'm on are certainly off of the beaten track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you have a chance to finally relax after the break-in. I hope you have some more relaxing days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you and Dave are making the most of your time out. Love that site. Wouldn't it be nice if there were internet in all the state parks. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to see that you and Dave were able to get away for a while!..enjoy the beach, so wish we were there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it surprising how dependent we all are on the Internet. Twenty years ago we would go out in the boonies and enjoy the peace and quiet of no phones, no TV no radio, etc. Now we are frantic if we aren't connected.

    ReplyDelete