Dave and I are visiting Astoria, Oregon for a few days. For the first three days, our friends, Tom and Cindi, were here in their motorhome. We saw many of the Astoria sights with them, enjoyed a few meals with them, and thoroughly enjoyed visiting with them.
The Pacific Ocean as seen from the South Jetty viewing tower.
Fishing boats on the Columbia River
Fort Clatsop, where Lewis and Clark spent the rainy winter of 1805-06.
View of the Columbia River from Astoria Column
From the column, the view of the Astoria-Megler Bridge which crosses over to Washington
Lewis and Clark Golf and RV Park, site A10
Astoria is one of those small cities that has offers much to do and see. We'll be back again next year!
Congratulations on your three mile walk today from Fort Clatsop to Netul Landing. Well done!
ReplyDeleteIs that some kind of hydrangea in the flower pic? I'd enjoy seeing the Astoria Column, and the views from the top.
ReplyDeleteYes, Judy, that flower is a lace cap hydrangea.
ReplyDeleteWe loved Astoria. It is the neatest little town.
ReplyDeleteWe had our favorite chowder there at Silver Salmon Grille...delicious!
Fort Clatso was a really nice place. There is so much history in that area. I tried to image Lewis and Clark spending the winter there. YUCK! I am not sure I would have made it back then.
well done on getting the blog post done!..and thanks again for all the information!!
ReplyDeleteAstoria is one place I really want to get back to. We didn't have near enough time to explore it at all.
ReplyDeleteYou visited some of our favorite places! Loved the pictures, brings back memories. I think the coast is the place to be right now. High of 95 today, possible triple digits by the weekend. UGH!!
ReplyDeleteWe loved Astoria when we were there. Actually, we were there several times over the half-century plus of our life together. Thanks for the reminders of some of the places we've seen. We have many of the same photos you showed.
ReplyDelete