Dave and I have been gone for almost a week, but I haven't had a chance to post a blog. Well, I've had chances but I chose not to do it--procrastinating again.
Last Thursday we visited our son Jonathan in Bothell. We stayed at Lake Pleasant RV Park again. This time we had reservations and needed them because the park was quite full. Jonathan bought a new-to-him car the day we arrived, so he took us for a ride.
Lynden is a Dutch-themed town.
Friday morning we drove north to Lynden, WA and stayed at Hidden Village RV Park for two nights. This campground was okay. The sites are fairly close together are are arranged with two sites facing each other. That's good since it means we don't have to look at our neighbor's sewer hose, but it's bad if you are friends with the people you are facing. We happened to be placed next to a large group with one site, four cars, one trailer, one large tent, three dogs, six adults, and numerous children and teenagers. Even if they were trying to be quiet (they were not) there's no way that the noise couldn't have spilled over to our site. We tried to change sites, but the park was full. The reason we chose that park is that we attended a wedding near in nearby Everson. Jonathan's best friend of eighteen years, our former neighbor, Ryan, married Malorie in a beautiful outdoor wedding at the home of friends on Saturday. Jonathan was the best man and gave a touching toast to the bride and groom. Both Ryan's mother and I were moved to tears as Jonathan recounted a few of the adventures that he and Ryan experienced together, as well as meaningful times he spent with both Ryan and Malorie.
Jonathan returning down the aisle after seating the groom's grandmother.
Ryan and Malorie were both German majors and said their vows in German.
While we were in Lynden, I visited the quaint downtown and was again impressed with how clean and neat the town was. I visited my favorite store there, the Homespun General Store and found out that the store will be moving to a new location across the street. Flowers were blooming everywhere along the streets.
One of Lynden's spacious, clean streets.
Sunday morning we had planned to spend a few days in Hoquiam, but on our way south on I-5, we discovered a leak from our toilet. Added to a computer hardware problem that was waiting for Dave at home, we decided to come on home. The two problems turned out to be easy to fix (that's my talented husband who's good at fixing things). On Monday afternoon we were able to head north again, this time only 80 miles north to Centralia. We are staying at Midway RV Park, but once again it will be time to leave for home on Wednesday morning. As Dave's football-officiating season gears up, our RV travels will diminish. We've had a lot of fun times this summer!
Looks like a beautiful little town. But I don't like those facing sites. Even if it's a nice quiet couple in their RV. Glad the problems were fixed easily. Isn't it wonderful to have a hubby who can fix things.
ReplyDeleteLynden is a great little town..like stepping back in time..I love all the houses on the treelined streets!
ReplyDeleteJonathan looks mighty handsome...love the orange tie!!
Toilet leaks are no fun. But visiting quaint towns is fun. So are family (and friends) weddings. And hanging flower baskets are fun. Looks like fun wins! Good for you guys.
ReplyDeleteSo much to comment on! Let's start with the picture of Jonathan. It's beautiful to see that young man of yours in the full bloom of manhood, so handsome and capable. How wonderful that his toast to the bride and groom was rich in content, as a gift to the families. Wouldn't you love a transcript of it to reread and share with your friends. Then there's this hanging basket that would make the most expert gardener swoon. Wow! How do they do it?
ReplyDeleteLooks like a very good excuse for not blogging for a few days! I have a feeling I would enjoy the Homespun store also!! Just the name gives me the feeling...
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great week and not blogging everyday is not an issue...you were having a good time and staying busy. A lovely wedding to see, I know you guys enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteAnneke would love that town since she is Dutch.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure what the previous "Anonymous" poster is smoking, but I want some... woooooow
ReplyDeleteThanks for the memories of home - Lynden is the next town over from Blaine. Have walked down main street many times and love the clean, quaint drive and street. Loved the beautiful weather for the wedding.
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's good to take a break from blogging and just enjoy what you're doing. Glad Dave is a good Mr. Fixit - could he give lessons to Russ LOL?? Homespun sounds like a great store - love the name. Have sure enjoyed reading all your adventures this summer. Hope Dave has a fun football season.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Jonathan is great.
ReplyDelete(I told Ted M. the next time he goes back up to Canada to watch his driving speed when he's up that way.) The first time I remember seeing Jonathan was on his knees with paper and crayons (markers?) in church. He must have been all of 4 or 5 y/o.
Some friends and I visited the quilt shops in Lyndon in June and we were all impressed with the beauty and cleanliness of the town.
The quilt shops were wonderful, too!